Location analytics for supply chain management
Logistics managers need to implement location intelligence in supply chains in order to reduce delays, keep costs down, generate a competitive advantage, and thereby improve the global network of multiple carriers, service providers and physical locations from the constant threat of unexpected problems.
By leveraging location intelligence, decision makers gain deeper insight into market trends, consumer behaviors, foot traffic patterns, manufacturing activity, competitors’ logistics operations and much more.
With the actionable insights derived from location intelligence as well, companies increase efficiency, transparency and flexibility within their supply chains by providing information on global movement patterns in the physical world.
There are several ways to introduce location intelligence into the supply chain, but they all rely on a common, integrated platform that applies artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and location intelligence to correlate data points and generate accurate predictions.
Here are fifteen ways location intelligence and its technology can help improve supply chain management:
- Keep transportation on schedule
- Reduce costs by optimizing transportation routes
- Improve visibility and control of transportation spend.
- Visualize operations to allocate resources during demand peaks
- View on-hand inventory in real time
- Identify bottlenecks in processes and routes.
- Know which organizations are part of the competitor’s supply chain.
- Meet a surge in demand at all locations at once.
- Prevent and identify inventory loss.
- Improve lead times and increase throughput.
- Eliminate dark areas to provide clear visibility into every movement in processes.
- Reorganize information in your route planning algorithms or by reconfiguring distribution services for specific customers or customer groups in last mile processes.
- Optimize routes by directing vehicles along optimal paths, taking into account lighting, weather and traffic conditions.
- Make quick decisions and reduce risks when searching for optimal transport routes.
- Get a complete picture of your supply chain, including store locations and routes that are seeing the movement of certain products.
At PREDIK Data-Driven we generate solutions based on Big Data to help our customers solve delivery and picking problems, in distribution and last mile processes.